Wednesday 18 February 2015

Cindy Crawford Un-touched Pictures





retouched                                                                           untouched



Cindy Crawford's UN-retouched picture that was used on the front cover of  Marie Claire in 2013 was leaked this week, I have to be honest my first thought was OMG she has a belly, cellulite she doesn't look like a supermodel.

I was thinking to my self of my first reaction to the why was I horrified at her belly and cellulite? she a beautiful woman who is 48 years old has had children, yet all I could see was her imperfections well what we have been told are imperfections.

I have grown up looking at magazines seeing these air brush models and celebrities who don't even look like themselves by the end of it, we are conditioned to be perfect and that if we have a belly, cellulite or stretch marks that they are imperfections but they aren't they are us.

It so sad that since I was a child I've been conditioned not to like my body to see the imperfections I have I dislike my thighs because I've been made to see models stick thin legs as the norm, that I have thunder thighs because they aren't stick thin.

The media has such power over us, they tell us what to think about us which is sad we spend so much time hating ourselves and don't enjoy that we have these beautiful, healthy bodies

I didn't like that my first thought was that she hadn't aged well and she had let her self go, she hasn't she's a beautiful woman she has no imperfections that is the woman she is and these so called things that magazines have made us feel are imperfections aren't they are what make her her.

I believe that if magazines or any form of media changes images It's OK to remove the odd spot or bruise but changing someones body where its no longer their body is wrong and should have to print under the image that it has been altered and say what's been changes so we don't have this fake image of what we are meant to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment