Sunday 17 May 2015

My Teeth Whitening Experience


For the last couple of years I have really wanted to whiten my teeth, the tooth paste you get from stores only take of staining slightly but they can ruin your teeth by taking the enamel off. I have always been petrified of the dentist ( though my mother id a dental nurse) but finally got the courage or balls to go a couple months ago and filled in a tooth that needed filling for 4 years yes 4 years. I actually only went and had it filled because I bit down on something and it cracked my tooth otherwise I think I would still be walking around with a whole in my back tooth.

After getting my tooth fixed I then decided as a treat to get teeth whitening, I  didn't hate the colour of my teeth they were a naturally yellow shade just like normal teeth the weren't stained as I don't drink red white or anything like that but I just wanted them to look a little more brighter not as bright as Ross (friends teeth)no glow in the dark teeth for me thank you.

As I said my mum is a dental nurse so I went to see the dentist she works with a lovely girl called Stephanie, she took moulds of my teeth and made a tray for my upper and lower teeth for me. when I had the kit you get your moulds, 8 tubes of bleach, instructions how to use it a colour chart to see where you start to see the difference also Stephanie did it also and a little tube of tooth paste.

All i had to do was wear the trays 4 hours a day for 2 weeks  didn't have to do it every day if i was seen the results i wanted but i did it most of the two weeks. it was easy for me as I'm studying form home i would have my breakfast brush my teeth to make sure the bleach went on to a clean surface and then wore them for 4 hours.

After the first use of them i was shocked at how quickly it worked i only used  2 of the 8 tubes of bleach 1 tube lasts a week so i can now store the rest of the tubes and my trays in a dark dry place ( a draw in my cabinet in the bathroom) and use them to top up when ever i want it most don't need to top up for 18 months or more depending on how much coloured food and drink you have.

I am so pleased with my results I'm glad i did it they look so sparkly white all together it cost me £40 as my mum works for the dentist usually cost £175 ish so i had a great deal though i would pay the £175 as it is so worth it for the results.

Peanut xx

 Before 4- 5 years ago                                                                                After 2 weeks


 

No comments:

Post a Comment