Saturday 31 May 2014

The thigh gap





Over the last year I have seen and heard a lot about the thigh gap trend woman wanting zero fat on their thighs so you can see through it.
The thigh gap its an unattainable thing to have only naturally very slim girls can have it, we see these images and think that's what we need our bodies need to be like but it doesn't.

As a 28 year old woman I have had my hang ups about my body, I had anorexia from the age off 11 till 20 ended up in hospital and put myself and my mum through hell from wanting to be so small I have learnt a lot going through that horrible experience.
As woman we are always comparing ourselves to other woman next to us on the bus, magazines our friends we waste so much of our life thinking of what we hate about our bodies, if effects every aspect of our short lives.

It took me a long time to realise I will never look like Jessica Alba or any other person, every single woman is built in a completely different way no matter how much we starve ourselves or how many hours in the gym will make us look like someone else, we have to look with in and like our selves for who we are and what we have been given, as woman we will never like every part of our bodies mine is my toes they look like monster much crisps if your from the UK you will no what they are and I have wide hips and I dislike my lips but I cant change any of it so why worry about it.

Work with the strengths you were given we all have them mines my eyes, my bubble butt and slim waist by highlighting your best  features you will feel more confident and those areas you like less you will begin maybe not love but like and not worry about them.

So stop comparing yourself to others live a healthy life eat right work out and enjoy life, you only have one life after all and one body, the body is an amazing thing no matter what shape size it is its giving you the ability to live another day with those you love and experience things you wouldn't be able to if you didn't have your body so be kind to it and love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment